Thursday, August 17, 2006

Experts Wanted

Darren Rouse makes an excellent post in his blog today about actually being an expert versus blogging as an expert when you don't really deserve the title. Like most other people I hate it when I find someone who claims something about themselves that patently isn't true. In fact I've taken great pleasure out of exposing people like that in the past. Hey, it's the little things in life that make it worthwhile, right?

So what about me? Do I consider myself an expert with Enterprise Vault? Nope. Not by a long shot. But I will say that I have been working with it for quite a while, and the number of people who have been at it longer than me (shout out to all the Arlington crew!) is... well about eight. Double that number for some old KVS consultants and there you have it.

But it's still kind of strange, because even with all of that support  experience under my belt, this job that I'm currently on is my first field experience with the product. So on one hand I know that I know a bit about it, but on the other hand I come to this blog with hat in hand, knowing that there's still tons more to learn.

Consider this blog to be what Darren calls a 'fellow traveller' blog, not an expert blog. It's just that this particular traveller is rather well seasoned.

Fair enough?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home