Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Business of Blogs

Wow, considering the small spam attack we had here on Friday this article is timely reading.

When I started the EV Blog on Blogger I didn't know a whole lot about it, didn't know about the presence of blog spam, splogs, nothing. I just knew that I had heard about Blogspot before and it might be a good place to host a blog.

Now that I've been exposed directly, and now that my research shows how Blogger (and hence, Google) are part of the problem and not part of the answer... I'm toying with moving the blog over to Typepad. Here's my first draft.

It's got a couple of features that I like that Blogspot doesn't have, like the ability to have the "Read More..." links, categories, etc. Plus since it isn't a free service spam bloggers can't send bots out to open blogs for them. The signal-to-noise ratio should be pretty damn low over there.

So tell me what you think, either here or over there. I'll make this post on both sites and most likely will be posting over there henceforth.

Oh, and I promise real EV stuff coming on Wednesday! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home